BLOGGERS TRENDS WGSN
Top-five blog trends: womenswear edit
HELLO EVERYONE THIS IS MY FIRST POST COMPLETELY IN ENGLISH, BUT I WANT TO SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOU! WGSN COURTESY OF IN SPANISH (TEXT AND PHOTOS PAGE http://www.wgsn.com/en-us)
The bootcut trouser and the layered miniskirt emerge as key items across womenswear blogs, while the strong emphasis on cartoon-style multicoloured fur makes a new and playful statement for outerwear.
- Key item: the bootcut trouser continues to emerge across street style blogs, set to rival the skinny jean for oncoming seasons
- Key item: the layered miniskirt is a key update for short denim and leather skirt styles
- Fabric: pieced fur in multicoloured and cartoon-inspired
variations emerge from A/W 13/14 and street style blogs as a key trend
- Colours: head-to-toe white was emphasised as a key styling look across the S/S 13 catwalks, flitering through into editorials and street style blogs
- Print: varsity remains a key trend with a focus on bold printed numbering and oversized, boyfriend fit for T-shirts
The A/W 13/14 catwalks saw an explosion of fur-covered outerwear, with the street shots from the Fashion Weeks also mirroring this. Cartoon-style florals and faces make a fun and playful statement, as well as pieced or striped fur styles in multicoloured variations.
WGSN street shot, London Fashion Week, February 2013
This particular silhouette has been driven by A/W 13/14 catwalk influencers such as Isabel Marant, as featured in our A/W 13/14 Paris catwalks: very important pieces report. Layered panels and a super-short length are the two main features defining this style – a great way to update biker and denim skirt hybrids.
As noted in our A/W 13/14 Fashion Week street shots: women's trousers report, the bootcut trouser is making a strong comeback across street style blogs, while fast becoming the skinny jean's rival. This item can be styled casually in summer whites and indigo denim, or a smarter look in wool suitings.
The varsity trend continues to influence key styling looks across youth and womenswear blogs, and the oversized numbered tee in particular is a key item for this look. Classic black, white, navy and marl greys are key colourways, or for brights use collegiate reds and royal blues.
The important emphasis on white as a key colour across the S/S 13 catwalks has filtered through into this season's editorials and styling on womenswear blogs. Head-to-toe colour is key to this look, dressed down with white denims or the equally as popular tailored trouser and blazer two-piece.